Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bleeping Bleepy Bleep!!

So I'm doing a project on censorship in popular culture, and so far, I've learned nothing except how much I don't like it. What if I had an idea that could change the world? What if I was a revolutionary? A visionary? But what if the way I thought to do it, and the way I wrote it was obscene to somebody somewhere. What if, heaven forbid, I offended someone?
Well that would just be awful, eh?
Yeah.
You know what.
Screw you, censorship.
You can't imagine the best parts of humanity if you don't have the choice of exposing yourself to the dirty, vulgar, obscene places. Of exploring them and delving into them as deep as you can. If you understand everything horrid, you can truly comprehend what is good.

But that's up to you, I'm just one opinionated girl.

1 comment:

  1. The thing that bothers me most about censorship is that art reflects back the culture it is produced in. What gets censored is TRUTH, ugly, raw TRUTH, and it doesn't matter if we hate facing it, it doesn't matter at all. It is there still.

    When you censor these creative MIRROR images you lose the ability to examine them and make positive changes. So who wins then?

    Be loud, be opinionated, speak your truth. It gives others the courage to speak up to.

    ReplyDelete