Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Shoe Ninja

So, the reason I say I'm an orphan, is that my mother threw me out a while ago. And my parents are divorced. My dad never calls. I don't think I've spoken to him since February, and I go weeks without hearing from my mother.

But when I moved, I didn't get all my stuff. I had one pair of my shoes. One pair out of maybe twelve. And last night, it rained, hard, and walking to Mirror's from the bus, I got drenched. Fabric sneakers became completely unwearable, and this morning, they still hadn't dried.

So I called my sister, and had her leave the front door unlocked. Like a creeper I snuck into their garage, avoiding the kennels where the dogs barked and yelped at me, ducked across the floor in my sock feet, and grabbed the two pairs of shoes I could see. What I heard? A rustling. Panic, overwhelming panic. I didn't know if they were getting up, or if they were already on their way towards me. All I knew was that I did not want to be caught. Like lightning, I bolted out the door, and threw myself in the car, screaming at Grandma...."Drive! Drive!"

Yeah. I had to steal my own shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment